Thought Pennies Entertainment is a Role-Playing Game studio creating games focused on social storytelling. We celebrate diversity and a people-first approach to game development. We are fully remote.
The Senior UX Designer brings creativity, systemic design thinking, advocacy, and empathy for our players, and leadership to the game. They are a critical role and instrumental in concepting and executing both the UX, communication, and clear flows across the game and individual screens and features.
This role requires an understanding of modern AAA control input methods across console and PC. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in systemic design solutions and accessibility.
What you do:
- Work closely with the Design department to advocate for a consistent, clear, and joyful experience across the game and features
- Work closely with the UX Design Lead, UI Design Lead, and Design Director to execute and implement the UI according to our UX systems and accessibility needs
- Advocate for our players in all that you do, including conducting and running research (both internally and externally as needed)
- Create and maintain documentation and guidelines for our UX design systems
- Create and maintain documentation on tools, methods, and training
- Contribute to a studio culture committed to craft, collaboration, and empowerment
- Value schedule and logistics, and partner with the production team members to execute development goals
What you bring:
- 4+ years' experience in game development creating usable, accessible, and systemic UX and product design
- Thoughtful consideration for different types of input methods and screen sizes
- Empathy for our players and passion around accessibility
- Great knowledge in modern UX/UI, across both games and other applications
- Detail-oriented problem-solving ability, with a service-oriented mentality, backed by strong communication skills
- Willingness to give and receive feedback
Plus if you have it:
- Prior experience with Unreal Engine
- Prior experience running UI/UX teams internally and outsourced
- Prior experience in developing and documenting design systems
- Interest or experience in visual design and animation
Please provide samples of UX work. Please be ready to discuss the methodology and principles behind its design and implementation.